Snowflakes Autism Resource
The Snowflakes Autism Resource is based at New Bridge Nursery School. We offer 10 spaces of 15 hours per week to pupils aged 3-4. This means we have five morning places and 5 afternoon places available.
Admission to Snowflakes is via a panel process. The Snowflake panel is held several times each year when spaces are available. Members of the panel include the Snowflakes coordinator, REYS Inclusion Manager, an Education Psychologist, a member of the Early Years Advisory Team from the Local Authority, a member of the portage team and the Executive Head teacher.
The eligibility criteria for Snowflakes are:
- A child who is 3 or 4 years old who is living within Reading Borough Council (i.e. family pays council tax to Reading)
- A child who has social communication difficulties as their primary need and has been referred to, or is on the diagnostic pathway for Autism
- A child who has a sibling currently at New Bridge
- A child who has at least two terms before starting Primary school
- A child who is in a setting that can’t meet his/her needs
In order for your child to be considered for a space in the Snowflakes Autism Resource, please fill out the referral form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org