SEND Nurture Assistant (Term Time Only) - Blagdon
SEND Nurture Assistant
Salary: between £10.79-£11.18 per hour
35 hours a week, term time only, plus 5 INSET days
Due to expansion of our SE/ND provision we are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated Nurture Assistant to work in this large and busy Nursery School with children aged between 2-4 years. Blagdon Nursery has been at the heart of the Whitley community for over 80 years. This position is in our SEND Resource, so knowledge and experience of SEND (Special Educational Needs or Disabilities) would be advantageous.
We can offer;
- an opportunity to work in an outstanding Early Years setting
- the opportunity to develop your skills and experience throughout our Federation of three outstanding Nursery Schools
- training and continuous professional development
- a positive and enthusiastic staff, who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our children
- the benefits of working for the Local Authority, including pension scheme and the employee assistance scheme
The successful candidates will;
- either have some experience of supporting children with SEND needs or have an interest in working with children with SEND needs
- be motivated, creative, enthusiastic and a good team player
- be reliable, flexible and have good communication skills
- have some knowledge of Safeguarding practices
Reference Number: BLAD 09/23 Closing date: 02/10/23
*Applications will be considered upon receipt
An application pack is available to download below, alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 5425 to request application forms.
Blagdon Nursery School is part of the REYS Federation which comprises of Blagdon, Caversham and New Bridge Nursery Schools. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS check and we may conduct a social media search for successful candidates. CVs will not be accepted; please request an application pack via the above email or download one from our website.