We recognise that each child is unique and as children’s strengths and interests unfold, practitioners can plan responsively to this, providing activities and experiences that are relevant, meaningful and tailored to the individual child.
Our federation aims to:
- Welcome and provide appropriate learning opportunities for all children and have regard to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014).
- Provide a broad, balanced curriculum based on The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and that which creates an environment that meets the special educational needs of each child.
- Fully integrate children with special educational needs and disabilities, recognise their achievements and celebrate their successes;
- Establish procedures which facilitate early identification of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND),
- Monitor provision to help the child to reach their full educational and personal potential.
- Create a climate in which self-esteem and confidence can grow.
- Work together in partnership to ensure that parents are involved in supporting their child’s education and wider professional support is sought when needed.
If you are concerned about your child’s progress or they have an identified need please let us know as soon as possible. You can speak to your child’s key person or arrange to have a meeting with me to discuss your concerns and to determine what help we can provide for your child.
Please contact me (Kate) at