Qualified Early Years Practitioner - Blagdon (term time only)
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and motivated Early Years Practitioners to work in this large and busy Nursery School with children aged between 2-4 years. Blagdon Nursery has been at the heart of the Whitley community for over 80 years. One of these positions is for our Social Communication Resource, so knowledge of SEND would be advantageous.
This is a term time only role, plus 5 INSET days per year. Working hours are 35 per week.
RG3 Scale 5-11 (£19,650 to £22,129 pro rata *pay rise pending)
Required: January 2023, or as soon as possible
Reference Number: BLAD 22/23
We can offer;
- an opportunity to work in an outstanding Early Years setting.
- the opportunity to develop your skills and experience throughout our Federation of three outstanding Nursery Schools.
- training and continuous professional development.
- a positive and enthusiastic staff, who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our children.
- the benefits of working for the Local Authority, including pension scheme and the employee assistance scheme.
The successful candidates will;
- be qualified to Level 3 in Early Years Education and Childcare.
- have a working knowledge of the updated Early Years Foundation Stage and of child development; and be passionate about working with this age group.
- be confident in observing and assessing children’s development, preferably with experience of using Tapestry.
- have a good knowledge of Safeguarding practices.
- be motivated, creative, enthusiastic and a good team player.
- be reliable, flexible and have good communication skills.
Reading Borough Council also offer a range of benefits including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Childcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
Visitors to our school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact us if you would like to visit us. You can also learn more about our setting in the Blagdon Nursery School section of this website.
You can download an application pack below. Alternatively you can email for an application pack email@example.com
Closing date: Applications to be considered upon receipt
Please do not send a C.V. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS check and we may conduct a social media search for successful candidates.