Qualified Early Years Practitioners - New Bridge (term time only)
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and motivated Early Years Practitioners to work in Outstanding Nursery School with children aged between 2-4 years. One of these positions is for our Social Communication Resource, so knowledge of SEND would be advantageous.
This is a term time only role, plus 5 INSET days per year. Working hours are 35 per week
Scale: RG3 Scale 5-11 (£19,650 to £22,129 pro rata *pay rise pending)
Required to start in January 2023, or sooner if possible
We can offer:
- an opportunity to work in an outstanding Early Years setting
- the opportunity to develop your skills and experience throughout our Federation of three outstanding Nursery Schools
- training and continuous professional development
- a positive and enthusiastic staff, who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our children
- the benefits of working for the Local Authority, including pension scheme and the employee assistance scheme
The successful candidates will:
- be qualified to Level 3 in Early Years Education and Childcare
- have a working knowledge of the updated Early Years Foundation Stage and of child development; and be passionate about working with this age group
- be confident in observing and assessing children’s development, preferably with experience of using Tapestry
- have a good knowledge of Safeguarding practices
- be motivated, creative, enthusiastic and a good team player
- be reliable, flexible and have good communication skills
Reading Borough Council also offer a range of benefits including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Childcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
Visits to our nursery school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact us if you would like to visit us. You can also learn more about our setting in the New Bridge Nursery School section of this website.
An application pack is available to download below, but if you would prefer a printed application pack, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or call 0118 937 5580 to make a request.
Closing date: tbc
Interviews to be held: tbc
Please do not send a C.V. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS check and we may conduct a social media search for successful candidates. CVs will not be accepted; please request an application pack via the above email or download one from our website.